Under the Sky Blue Sea

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hello, August. Well, nearly goodbye August at this point, seeing as though its half over. September remains a question mark, I have no plans yet made or settled, no job or apartment as of yet - but thats okay. I'll figure it out sooner or later, and it will be good.

I am sad to be moving out of my 'palace in the sky' apartment in just under two weeks.. the fairy tale is ending, as I always knew it would. I've enjoyed it, but the rightful renters are returning shortly, so its time to move on (not that I could afford a place like this myself anyways...definitely a fairy tale). Much as I love downtown, I'd like to be certain that I have a job secured before I commit to an apartment, so thats what I'm doing. Hopefully I'll be back soon, to stay for a longer period. It is a nice luxury to have the option available to boomerang back to the family home as needed, but I keep hoping that every time I leave it will be the last.

Onwards to the pictures ... taken on Toronto Island this past Thursday, August 17.

A view of the city, looking back from the pier on the south side of the island


Lighthouse through branches


Lighthouse framed by trees


Skyline view from a channel on Hanlan's Point. You can see the top of Metro Hall peeking over the roof of the SkyDome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home