Under the Sky Blue Sea

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer of Shoes

I'm somewhat abnormal from a lot of girls, in that I hate the activity of shoe shopping. I do not enjoy it at all, but it is an occasional necessity. I go for comfort primarily, and once I find it, I will wear the shoes until they fall apart (be it two, five, or ten plus years - seriously). And then often enough, once they've bitten the dust, I'll get the exact same kind (if possible) to replace them.

Usually, the falling apart of my foot wear happens on a rotating basis, but this year, everything seems to be giving way at once. My casual dress/work shoes, sandals, running shoes ... all gone, or soon to be going. :( (Don't even get me started on dress shoes ... I don't really have any, and need those as well! Argh.) Since I've been having some foot problems this year as well, and will most likely be getting orthotics sometime soon, finding shoes that will accommodate them as well as being supportive to start with is also a consideration.

So, this is a partly a call for help ... anyone out there who actually likes shoe shopping, and is willing to give me a hand in finding stuff - let me know! Because I don't know where to start ...

To end, on a completely off topic note, a riddle: What word in the English language begins and ends with the letter 'E', and only has one letter in it?

1 Comments:

  • Join the club. I hate shopping ... especially nowadadys when it seems that the only clothes that are on sale are for the skanks and the skankiers. =S I would suggest looking into a pair of Sketchers for everday shoes -- I bought myself a pair almost 3 years ago now ... they are beautiful. And haven't fallen to pieces yet. As for dress shoes, Aldo is a great (but somewhat expensive) place to go ... worth every penny though. I bought my boots from Aldo before I came to Canada and still where them to this day. Good investment. Good luck with the shopping. At least you don't have the problem of HEELS! ;)

    And if you're trying to be funny with the riddle, my answer is ENVELOPE.

    By Blogger Hana, at 6/19/2006 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home