Under the Sky Blue Sea

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

In case of emergency

I spent the Monday of the long weekend at the Toronto Islands with friends, a perfect day for it. On the ferry ride over, I noticed a very adorable little girl wearing water wings and holding on tight to her dad. I don't know if they thought that the wings might help if she was to fall overboard or the boat sank, or if she just really wanted to wear them ... but they came off as soon as the boat docked. It made me smile, though.



I hadn't been to the island for several years, but it still has a 'feels like home' feeling for me, as growing up we had the 'traditional' trip every summer. From the summer I was two, until around age 16 or so, myself, my friend Jennifer, our moms and siblings would pack a picnic and spend the day down there. I should try to find time this summer to go back and spend more time there, its a great park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home