Under the Sky Blue Sea

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Its easy, eating green

I seem to be rather fond of green foods lately, avocados and edamame, in particular. I could eat those everyday, yum yum yum. Other green foods that I like are granny smith apples, cucumbers, broccoli, rhubarb, wasabi, and anything minty (which is often dyed green, lol).

Green foods that I do NOT like are lima beans and brussell sprouts. YUCK.

What other colours taste good? Hmm. Offhand....

Red: tomatoes (fresh picked are the bestest), raspberries (same here), strawberries, macintosh apples

White: potatoes, homemade bread (anyone surprised here? ;)

I'm sure I have others too. But right now, green is where its at. What colours taste yummiest to you lately?

4 Comments:

  • that's a tough one. My initial thought was red - red is usually my favourite colour for flavours (fruitpunch; the red ones in any candy bag; apples; grapes - red ones). but my two favouritest fruits are yellowy - bananas and mangoes!!! yellow is where it's at.
    I like green too: spinach, avocado...
    and grey (oatmeal!!); and purple: - plums....
    white (milk)
    black (oreos!)
    hmm. the only colour I can't think of anything for is blue - no wait - blueberries! :)
    I choose the rainbow!
    heart, tulip

    By Blogger Tulip, at 10/18/2007 5:41 AM  

  • Brussel sprouts can be delightful, if cooked properly. They usually takes cheese, and salt quite well, and they need to be organic as some of the flavours are a little more rounded out. They also won't be a tough to chew. A light steaming followed by a seared pan fry with onions, garlic, and salt tones them right down. Then a specific cheese, older cheddars seem to go well, balanced out with a very basic carb like rice or even whole wheat toast.

    Much like squid, the real test of a chef is how well it can be prepared.

    I'm off topic :p

    A great deal of food is in the orange category right now: sweet potatoe pie, pumpkin soup, orange peppers and cheese in lunch time wraps. It must be fall :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2007 10:37 AM  

  • I'm loving orange right now... sweet potatoes and turnips are my new all-time favourite veggies. Mind you, white turnips are good too, but orange are to die for. Mmmm

    By Blogger Shop Girl*, at 11/10/2007 7:39 PM  

  • Well let me see...white! Goat cheese is where it's at. Really. On pizza. On a cracker. On toast. On my finger... mmm goat cheese...

    On a side note: how do you backdate blog entries?

    By Blogger Nebulaura, at 12/04/2007 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home