Under the Sky Blue Sea

Monday, April 30, 2007

Time flies (and can be terrifying)

My cousin had a baby yesterday, early Sunday morning. A boy, her second son, as yet unnamed, but weighing around 8lbs despite being a few weeks early, and doing well overall. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go out and see her this weekend ... don't see her often, but we get along well when we do.

The scary part(s)? Her older son is nearly 2 (will be in August). She is a little over 2 years older than me. Sooo ... at this time, 2 years ago, when she was my age, she was pregnant with him.

I only just realized this fact last night, and it kind of boggled my mind. No way am I anywhere near being ready for that kind of stuff - but she was, and is, and I'm happy that things are working out for her.

Now, if only I could figure out what it was that was going on with my life, or get some idea of a direction ...
Eventually.

2 Comments:

  • Everyone does things at rates that make sense for them. At my age, my mother had already had 4 babies (I'm 25). I don't plan on having any.

    By Blogger Jay, at 5/04/2007 6:48 AM  

  • Time to post another blog, dear. Chop chop.

    By Blogger kjane, at 7/21/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home